Thursday, July 28, 2011

The closing of one door

In April an opportunity opened for me to become the director of a child care center. It was a dream I had waited for. Four months after the doors opened they closed. We had gone from 8 children enrolled to 2. We had posted and passed out flyers. We had talked to people at the park, walking down the street as well as friends and family. Nothing was bringing the kids in. With 2 children we just couldn't afford to keep the doors opened. We gave the parents the option to put their children in our sister center. Which is where I am now working again.

So life took a turn that I was not expecting. I'm really not sure where I am going now or what I am doing. It's an exciting and scary place to be. This past week I've bawled my eyes out, had an "I don't even care, whatever attitude and been really excited for what's next. There have been overwhelming times and sit back and think times. The song Sing Me A Love Song by BarlowGirl really spoke to me the other day. This time has forced me to run into the arms of Jesus since my usual security blanket is in Romania (that would be my mom). I guess this is another learning to trust Jesus time. Sigh, I thought I had learned this already. :P Maybe this time it will stick.

No comments: