Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fishy, fishy, fishy... why are you sleeping!!!

Current mood: indescribable









So
we went fishing this weekend and my whole goal was to catch a big
fish!!! Well we talked to people and fished and fished, but there were
like no fish! No one was catching anything. I was getting very
disappointed. Dad said we would try a place that might have some fish
cause it was farther up the river where no one really goes. So we went
up there in the afternoon and fished a couple of holes. I had a few
bites, but nothing very big. We found a hole that dad was sure there
were fish.. and BAM!!! I got a fish and started fighting it. Dad told
me how to do it, so i was reeling and would swim away, then i would
reel it back, trying to tire it out. Dad was trying to get close so
he could grab it. The fish started to get tired then it did the death
roll, where it rolls over really fast and all of a sudden my hook came
out of the fish's mouth and it swam away!!!! :( It was really sad!!
So dad tried again in that same hole and a couple of casts later he got
another one!!!! So he hands me the pole and I start fighting this
one. (By this time my arm is like aching!! They fight hard!) So I am
like praying really hard and talking to the fish. :P "Don't you dare
come off my hook!!" I was fighting it... it would take a run (meaning
it would swim out farther away from me) then i would pull back the
fishing rod and reel in, it would take another run and i would pull
back the rod and reel in and say "Come back... my arm hurts!" Dad had
me get onto the bank and keep on reeling it in. He was finally able
to get a hold of it and bring in on shore!!!!!!! I CAUGHT A
STEELHEAD!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!!! It was AWEsome!!! There aren't that
many women who catch steelhead, so I have become one of them!!!
Yesssssss!!!!

Here is my fish:

That was my first one... I caught it really good!


Fighting the one that got away


Me and my Daddy!!! :) He was pretty happy too!


The trophy... 28 inches about 8 pounds.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Kari. Not sure which I like the best...the pretty fish or the GREAT smile on your face. Glad you got your fish!

Love, Grandma Carol