Friday, February 29, 2008

A Beautiful Day

The warm sunshine. The smell of green grass and wild flowers. The feeling of Spring. My heart is full of joy as I run into the field laughing. Today is special. I cam feel it. The scene around me begins to spin as I twirl around and around, still laughing. When the dizziness over takes me, I fall onto a bed of wild flowers out of breath but happy. The sun is shining just for me today. As I catch my breath, I come to my knees and begin to pick a few colorful flowers from beside me. They seem to reflect the joyous feeling that is in my heart. There is a stirring at the edge of the field. As I look up, my heart leaps. There stands my Lover, the one who has cause my heart so much joy. How long he has been there, I do not know. His smile is as big and bright as the sunshine. I jump up to run and greet him. With eyes shining he laughs as he runs along the outskirts of the field. We begin in a game of chase. Sometimes I am chasing but then we switch and I become the chased. Eventually he catches me. His strong arms wrap around me, swinging me around in the air. We sit in the grass watching the clouds float by. He takes my small, soft hand in his strong, scarred one and we walk away from the field with the sun setting behind us. Neither one of us saying anything because we don’t need to. Because I am my Lover’s and He is mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My precious Kari,
What a difference between postings a few days have made. No, it is the Lover of your soul that has made the difference. Anything worth having is worth working for, but you are not going it alone. God holds you close. Know that you are in my prayers as I ask God to cover you and guide you in His plan for your life.
Grandma Carol