Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My musings about V-day

This time of year is always kind of depressing for me as a single female. Even when I had a bf it was a down day. I don't know what it is about V-day, it just depresses me. Maybe it is because I have never known the clique phrase "true love" from a guy. My parents love me, my siblings love me, my friends love me but that is different then having the love of a husband. On Sunday, I heard two songs that shed a new light on my V-day blues.

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) by Chris Tomlin
Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace


The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine

You are forever mine

The More I Seek You by Kari Jobe
The more I seek you,
the more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breathe, hear your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

The phrase that started this whole thought process on V-day was "You are forever mine." That hit me! Not like a train crashing, but like running into a big hug from someone who loves you. It was so amazing! I felt the love of Jesus washing over me. I don't know the words to describe the feeling. It was better than anything I have ever felt before. He loves me so much!! That phrase can go both ways... Us telling God "You are forever mine" and God telling us "You are forever mine." Either way, it's amazing! Then the very next song we sang was "The More I Seek You." That overwhelming feeling of wanting to sit at His feet, lean against Him, and feel His heartbeat. And that His love for me is deeper then any guy could ever love me. As I thought about this during the rest of worship and during the announcements a couple of verses from Song of Songs came to mind: (I am putting them here out of The Message)

4:7 - You're beautiful from head to toe, my dear love, beautiful beyond compare, absolutely flawless.
4:9 - You've captured my heart, dear friend. You looked at me, and I fell in love. One look my way and I was hopelessly in love!
6:3 - I am my lover's and my lover is mine. (A better known version is: I am my beloveds and my beloved is mine.)

When you think about how God is the Lover of you soul and this is what he thinks of me! Wow! I am speechless and amazed! My V-day blues are no more! I know who my Valentine is this year! Is He yours?

No comments: