Friday, May 18, 2007

Let's go fly a kite!!!

Oh, oh, oh!
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!

That is my I am happy/I am oober excited song. :) (Thought you would enjoy that Sarah) So why am I so happy and obber excited? Let me tell you!!!

First off, I have to say that Royal Rangers totally and completely ROCK!!! And for those of you who don't know what Royal Rangers is: Royal Rangers is a ministry that reaches across the United States and in over 65 nations around the world. It motivates boys spiritually through Bible study and memorization, devotionals, and Christian role models. Boys are strengthened mentally by an advanced awards-based weekly program. Further, the boys increase their physical prowess by participation in age-specific activities and recreation. Finally, they are introduced to church, community, and nature-related activities to develop their social skills and awareness. (taken from http://royalrangers.ag.org/about/index.cfm)
Anyways... On Wednesday we (BTown staff) went to Tigard Assembly to pick up some things that were donated to us. When I got there, I found out that they weren't just donated. A group of boys (not sure which age) raised the money and bought BTown Kids a brand new BBQ (a really super nice one), a 30gig Ipod for our music, and 5 new tables. HOLY COW!! I was floored!!! My dad is a long time commander and my brother is receiving his Bronze Metal on Sunday, so I am connected to RR that way. But man, I am just blown away by this.

Second, I received a call from a Child Care Center that I submitted a resume to online and they want me to come in for an interview. Yesssss... that is cool!! So I am going in on Thursday at 10am for that.

Third, I went to the Children's Relief Nursery for their volunteer orientation today. If you can recall I posted a while ago about them and wanted to get a position there and since I couldn't I went for the second best thing: volunteering. I am soooo excited to start there!! This place is amazing! Their classrooms are state of the art, teachers really care about the children and families, there are parenting classes offered, clothes and children's things given to the families and the best part is... everything the CRN offers is FREE of charge to the families!!! As I was walking through the facility I was thinking, "God, this is what I want to do. This is the kind of program I want to have in Seattle." So volunteering here I not only get experience in working with low income, at risk children and their family, I am working at a place that will give me leverage into Seattle.

And finally... well, I can't tell you cause it would ruin a surprise that I have for a friend. But it makes me super dooper and oober excited!!!!

There was one almost downer today, but I think it is a blessing in disguise. I talked to the Apartment manager where we will be having BTown Kids and they aren't ready for us to start this weekend, so we will prolly have to wait until next weekend to start. BUT.... BTown Kids IS starting!!! And that makes me happy!!

OH OH OH!!!! One more thing: My birthday is in two weeks!!! woo hoo!!!! I will be 20. :)

So all of this combined into the last couple of days, makes me want to BURST!! I am literally dancing around my house! hehehehehe.... EXCITED!!!!

So sing it with me....
Oh, oh, oh!
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!



PS: I have made an adult decision. Yes that is right. Since one of my weaknesses is Starbucks and I buy coffee there too often for my budget, I am putting myself on a limitation. One a week. Yep on Fridays or Sundays. That is it. Once on either Friday or Sunday. *big smile* I am proud of myself.
Currently Listening
Enjoy The Ride
By Sugarland
Settlin'
see related

No comments: