Thursday, May 03, 2007

woooo hooo!!

Okay, so I have been putting off dropping off my application to Starbucks... partly cause I needed a printer for the resume, but besides that I was putting it off. But yesterday, I got my butt in gear and drove to the Starbucks around the corner. I could have walked, yes, but I also dropped off some mail at the post office, went to Starbucks, then deposited some money, so I had to drive... and the wind was blowing pretty hard. I walk in and ordered my coffee, Grande Caramel Macciato (not decaf today), and handed the gal my app. She rang me up, then handed the app to the guy making my coffee. He proceeds to read it and make my coffee. He looks up at me and asks, "Are you Kari?" "Yes I am" "I am Mike (I'm pretty sure that is what his name was) and I am the manager here. Is there any way you could come in for an interview on Monday?" Thinking to self, "Monday!? what? you are asking me that right now? whoa!" But I say. "Monday... Monday would be fine." Manager: "What time of day works best for you?" Thinking to self: "I have to watch Sam and Noah in the afternoon so..." "Morning would work best." "Here is your Caramel Macciato, let me go check my schedule...... How about 11am?" "11 will work, I will see you then."

HOLY COW!!!!!!!! Like I got an interview right then and there!!!! SWEET!!!! AT STARBUCKS!! That is stinking AWEsome. I know what some of you are thinking... Don't feed her coffee addiction. Well I have taken the advice of a friends authority... If you can drink a swig of black coffee, watch it come out, and swallow it... and you still like it? Then by all means, drink it. So I am. :) Mind you I do Decaf most of the time, because I don't drink coffee just for the caffeine, I also like the taste and smell. And I only drink caffeine sparingly due to heart palpitations. So anyways. Pray for my interview on Monday that all goes well... and that I get the job. And if I get the job, that I get the hours that work best for my schedule at BridgeTown.

No comments: